Friday, February 8, 2013

Just Keep Snowing...Just Keep Snowing

We are just starting out on the most recent "snowpocalypse" to be forecast with the typical accompanying hysteria and panic shopping.  This one is different, however, because the Weather Channel saw fit to give it a name - NEMO.  This makes it easier to track on Twitter & other social media - I get that - but NEMO?  Seriously?

I'm sitting here writing this fresh out of the shower and with wet hair. After listening to

[caption id="attachment_2848" align="alignright" width="219"]Note Use of Local Dialect Note Use of Local Dialect[/caption]

sustained winds HOWL for the past hour I thought it would be prudent to scrub down, shampoo and dry my hair while we still had power.  I'm not one for panic shopping (bread, milk and eggs are de rigueur out here) because we keep a pretty well stocked pantry and I've never had a craving for French toast during a blizzard.  If it weren't for the nagging fear of losing power I'd be happy as a lark.  I love a good blizzard as long as I'm safe, warm and have access to charging devices like my iPad.

Not sure how this storm will shake out but all signs point to "very bad" and I worry about people who are not safe or warm. Let's all worry about them instead of preempting TV shows to announce another inch of snow has fallen and that everything closed is still closed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joan,
    Hope you got thru the storm OK. I was wondering where the NEMO was coming from, so you cleared that up for me. Also couldn't agree more about the endless TV coverage. One of them thought they had to show us about how much snow we'd have to clear off our cars. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a long night with those winds! Power went on and off, but mostly on. Tons of snow and no place to put it - the streets are like toboggan runs!

    ReplyDelete